March 2, 2022
Dear GUSD Family (Students, Staff, Parents, and Community),
I am here to report again on our COVID-19 status after our governing board meeting last evening. GUSD COVID-19 data shows a very significant decrease in positive cases since my last report. As of this writing today the district has 2 students and no staff members with positive COVID-19 tests. There are no students or staff members in quarantine. Our GUSD numbers are well below the community numbers at large, with all of our buildings having a positivity rate of almost zero. I am guardedly optimistic that the school district, community, state, and national COVID-19 positivity rates are declining significantly and will continue to decline.
The GUSD governing board met last evening, March 2, 2022. There were no changes recommended to our district COVID-19 responses. GUSD will continue to operate with the following protocols in place.
- Recommend, but not require face masks. GUSD will still observe the following prevention protocols:
- Recommend, but not require COVID-19 vaccination for those students and staff that are able to be vaccinated.
- Cooperate with the Arizona Department of Health Services to follow their quarantine procedures whenever recommended.
- Encourage frequent hand-washing, use of hand sanitizer when available, and continued use of air purifiers in classrooms.
- Encourage students and staff to stay home when they are exhibiting signs of illness.
I will not be updating COVID-19 information after each board meeting unless the situation changes. I also want to let everyone know that the district will not be including a discussion about COVID-19 at each of its meetings going forward. If COVID-19 cases begin to rise, or some other circumstance warrants, the board will add COVID-19 mitigation back to its agenda. It is my sincere hope that we will see a continued reduction of COVID-19 in our school and community. Thanks to all of you for your support of our school district in its ongoing efforts to live up to our vision statement “Capturing Hearts, Empowering Minds”. Please feel free to give me a call at 928-402-6013 if you have questions about any of this information.
Jerry Jennex, Superintendent