AVERAGE TEACHER SALARIES - POSTED JULY 05, 2020
- Average salary for all teachers employed in FY21 $48,423.00
- Average salary for all teachers employed in FY20 $47,529.00
- Dollar increase in average teacher salary from FY20 $794
- Percentage increase in the average salary for all teachers employed in FY21 2%
- Total Percentage Increase in average teacher salary sine FY18 21%
NOTE/Comments: Salaries reported to the state include all monies coded to the 1000-instruction line. This includes one-time payments made for performance, etc. throughout the year. These one-time payments are not guaranteed in an annual contract and can skew the numbers dependent upon availability of funds for one-time payments. Base teacher salary increased in GUSD from 17/18 to 18/19 by an average 13.5% and average teacher base salary at GUSD will be $45,218.00.
In addition, the above calculations do NOT include employer paid benefits which equates to approximately 20% of teacher pay and health insurance premiums of approximately $6,000 per employee.
AVERAGE TEACHER SALARIES (A.R.S.15-903.E, AMENDED BY LAWS 2018, CH. 285,10)
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2019 (budget year) - $46,429
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2018 (prior year) - $42,168
- Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year - $4,261
- Percentage increase - 10%